* How would you like to be guided by our cook, an expert with spices ? She will be pleased to answer your questions on Moroccan cuisine, and give you tips on preparing dishes.
* At any moment you can take advantage of the patio and the lounges, in the relaxed atmosphere of the Riad, and enjoy the terraces from morning till sunset.
* Every day you can watch the news or follow your favourite team’s results : you can watch satellite TV in your room.
* Cigar, pipe, cigarette, you wish to enjoy your smoking without disturbing anyone ? This is possible in the patio and on the terraces (smoking is banned only in the bedrooms and lounges).
* You wish to enjoy the sunset on the Medina as little by little lights are turned on in the city below ? From the highest terrace, the view is unique.
* The traditional local Hammam
The Riad is just 20 yards from a hammam (a Moorish bath with its three spaces)
It is open for men from 7 am till 7 pm, for women from 9 am till 6.30 pm
Price : 100 dirhams (Hammam + traditional massage ; black soap, disposable cloth and towel are provided by the Riad).
You also have a choice of luxurious hammams (see below).
What do you wish to see ? The main cultural places ? The Tanners ? Do you wish to stroll through the derbs, meet the genuine crafstmen who still practice their ancient trades ? Shop in the souks ? And many other things we do not list here as they are mentioned in the guidebooks.
You can of course visit the Medina independently, but you will miss nothing essential if you take an official Tourist Guide. We recommend this formula for a first visit (the Medina is .... just 10.000 derbs and lanes !)
HAMMAM - MASSAGES - BEAUTY CARE,
Here is a selection of well-known addresses, but there are many others, to give you an idea of the offers and prices.
* NAUSIKAA, beautiful new city center (take a small taxi) : www.nausikaa-spa.com
* MERNISSI, in the Medina : www.hammamfes.com
* RIAD LAAROUSSA, in the Medina
* JARDIN DE BIEHN, in the Médina, etc...
THE ROYAL GOLF
An 18-hole golf in a magnificent environment at the foot of the Atlas mountains, 15 km from the city.
THE MOULAY YACOUB SPA
Thermal waters with therapeutic properties, in a pleasant environment, 22 kms north-west of FES.
THE SIDI HARAZEM SPA
The waters there are known as therapy for liver and kidney ailments, it ils also a family resort for Fassis, with a swimming pool, entertainments and a souk of souvenirs.
10 km east of FES.
THE HORSE-RIDING CENTRE AIN AMYER
For horse rides, FES : www.marocrandocheval.com
The roman ruins in Volubilis, the cities of Meknes and Moulay Idriss.
The Middle Atlas, Sefrou, the astonishing town of Ifrane and its storks, the Cedar forest and its Magot monkeys...
Further on, we recommend for a two-day trip
The magnificent mountain village, painted blue, of Chefchaouen, a must for visitors. Tetouan, a typical Northern village.
An for 3-day trip, or more :
Black desert, sand dunes and camels... in Merzouga.
Every year several cultural events are organised, among which :
* the World’s Sacred Music Festival,
* the Festival of Culinary Arts, "Fes Gourmets"
* the Feast of Cherries in Sefrou, etc...
To complete your stay in Fes, we can organise a trip tailored to your wishes. Just contact us with your wishes, and we will make an inclusive offer.